Tuesday, November 3, 2015

First Visit!

Hello!  My name is Kelli Brown and I am an Arts Bridge Scholar.  I am and art education student at BYU, and thanks to the Beverley Taylor Sorenson Arts Program, I get to participate in the push for arts integration in Utah classrooms.  My purpose of coming into the school to work with your kids is to assist Ms. Butikofer in integrating Visual Art into the curriculum.  This includes projects like drawing, painting, sculpting, etc.

Last week I got to meet your kids for the first time.  I was very excited to finally get to go into a real classroom, since that's where the magic happens.  I got to see her kids finish a pumpkin project that they had been working on.  It was an observational watercolor project where the kids learned the wet on wet technique as well as how to mix colors by tilting their paper. I was so impressed!

As we look forward to the next week of observations, Ms. Butikofer and I decided that we would focus on habitat art projects for the rest of the year.  Our projects will deal with animals and habitats in  Oceans, Savannahs, Rainforests, The Arctic, Ponds, Meadows, and Deserts.  The will involve watercolor, melted crayons, found objects, chalk pastels, sculpey, and collage.

I've thoroughly enjoyed meeting your kids today.  Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Kelli,

    I am so excited to hear about your first visit! It sounds like the students are already accustomed to using the arts and so I'm sure they will just soak up everything you have to teach them! They are so lucky to have you, and I can't wait to read about what you teach them!

    ReplyDelete